Day 64 - rain to the top

15cm of snow fell overnight but freezing levels were at 1500m and raised as the morning went on.  We had 16 kids in snowboard lessons and another five in Lil Rippers.  To my surprise, I was assigned to level four and I had three kids in my class.

The weather kept many people off the mountain today.  Most people skiing or boarding were in Snow School.  By the time we reached the Roundhouse in the morning, the snow had turned to rain.  The groomed runs were too bad to ride but the "powder" was sticky.  Very sticky.  And because there weren't many people on the hill, there was plenty of untracked snow .... too bad it was such crap.

It rained for most of the day (on and off) -- I managed to lap gondolas for the entire day including running down to Creekside.  The kids had a good time and I didn't get as wet as one would think.

0 comments: