Day 61 - Family Day Weekend

It's a STAT weekend here in BC and the mountain was busy. (That means Monday is a paid holiday)  I was filling in to coach for Patrick's Club class and I knew they were a young team with very little experience.  I wasn't expecting my day to include any actual snowboarding at all.  Temps were mild and it was partly cloudy with periods of sun.  I was told the snow was soft yesterday but it was super busy.

I signed in five kids and we hit the gondola around 9am.  Spent the morning at the CLC working on turns with a hula hoop for the two girls who were still working on getting the idea of S-turns.  After lunch I decided to take them down to the Village.  I was expecting complete carnage but the kids did really well.  All the boys were turning most of the way, and the one girl who I helped the most with the hula hoop, turned most of the way down as well.  I was super stoked at that.  After that one lap they rolled the jump for the last half hour of class.  The day went a lot better than expected.

0 comments: