Day 65 - egg, bacon, hashbrown special

Today is my "Friday" and I asked to float, with hopes of not getting a class but hanging out until lunchtime.  It was another rainy day on the mountain, and I thought lessons would be less busy today compared to yesterday.  Not a chance, we had more kids wanting to snowboard today (23 kids, 8 Lil Rip) vs. yesterday.  Most of the kids who showed up were new to the program so Whistler must have welcomed a new batch of tourists to town for the American holiday weekend.

By the time 9am rolled around, we had filled levels one to three with six kids in each class.  While I technically didn't get a class right out of the gate, I new some kids would get shuffled around in levels, ultimately needing me to take a class.  And that happened as soon as I reached the CLC with level two.  Two of them were only level ones.  So I grabbed the two of them and a level one star from the never-ever group and worked for the full day.

It was a foggy day.  Very low clouds.  Warm temps.  It sprinkled a little bit throughout the day but it was never rained really hard.  My feet and hands and pants were completely dry when I finished.  I was told conditions up top were hard packed (also known as concrete) with high winds and even some snow flurries.  The snow base is down to 254cm.

0 comments: