Day 57 - boot camp

Not an overly exciting day for me.  We had 2cm of new snow overnight.  Temps have, once again, gone down into the Arctic numbers.  The snow is still soft and I heard there is still some fresh to be found (if you know where to look).  Unfortunately, I was assigned to level two so I knew I wasn't going to be searching for anything special.

I quickly signed in six kids to my class card and headed up to the CLC where we took a long morning break (before the morning even started) because it was so cold outside.  I started the kids on the Magic Carpet and asked them to show me their toe edge and heel edge side slips.  Once I assessed the group, I moved one boy down to level one and one girl up to level three, and that left me with four kids for the day.

Two of my boys had been in lessons last week and from what I could recall, they should have been in level three by now but they weren't.  I decided I was going to put the hammer down on those boys today and get them turning .... or at least get them to have more control.  I made a deal with them:  if they practiced hard we would go to the Village and then I would make them a jump.  Well they kept their promise and they worked hard at getting more control, they learned how to turn down the Covered Carpet and so we headed down to the Village.  They didn't do too badly on the steeper runs to the Village.  I kept my promise and made them a jump when we returned to the CLC.


0 comments: