Day 31 - pickles!

44cm of snow fell in Whistler (and Squamish) between Saturday night and Monday morning leaving a 154cm base.  Most of the snow arriving Sunday afternoon and into the evening, making driving the Sea to Sky on Sunday a complete nightmare.  Irish and I decided not to snowboard on Sunday and elected to tube at the Sea to Sky Gondola instead.

Back to work today and it was quite busy.  We had over 50 kids in snowboard lessons and I was assigned level 2's.  It took me most of the morning to sort kids out because about ten of them showed up around 9:30am.  When it was all said and done, Kat and I had five kids each.  After lunch we headed over to the Super Carpet where I was able to get most of my kids turning.  The snow was wet and slow as it was warm at mid-station and it started to rain.   Kat and I decided to take the lot down to the Village.  That took us over an hour and took care of the rest of the afternoon.  The snow to the Village was amazing!  So I was able to get some nice turns on soft packed snow.  The day went by unbelievably fast.

Snow conditions over the course of the day worsened with warm temps in the Alpine and lots of rain.  I didn't miss any epic powder by only having level two's today.


0 comments: