Day 43 - tree up my butt

Conditions this week are pretty good, especially the higher you go.  It hasn't snowed in almost a week and lots of rain is forecasted for this weekend.  Snow base is currently at 152cm and runs are machine groomed, soft packed.

I was assigned to float but Steve was kind enough to give me his level three class.  I started with four kids in the AM and finished with five kids after lunch as Kat gave me a level four that wasn't quite up to par.  We started the morning from the Roundhouse where I was very pleased to find soft groomers.  I drilled the kids all morning trying to correct counter-rotation.  After lunch I decided to have some fun so we hit Marmot Trees.  The kids had quite a difficult time through the trees but they loved it.  It exhausted them and it killed a lot of time.  We took Emerald up to Roundhouse to get some water then made our way back to the CLC where I wrote out report cards.  We finished the day downloading in the gondola as the slopes from mid-station down were quite icy and I didn't want to deal with that after having such a nice day up top.

0 comments: