Day 48 - please snow already

The snow base is now down to 121cm on the last day of January and it feels more like Spring than it feels like Winter.  Even I've been biking three days in the last two weeks and bike trails in Squamish are pristine right now.  On the snowboarding front, today is my Monday and it's my favorite Club day.  Oak is now riding half with Ellen and half with me so he goes with her in the mornings.  My other three kids always show up on time and we were on the gondola before 9am.

The morning went by quick as Charlotte fell and hit her head.  We ended up having to call and wait on Patrol at the CLC for about 45 minutes.  After lunch, we grabbed Oak and headed up to the groomers to practice our riding stance.  We also worked on switch.  I made the kids do drills for about three laps and then they were rewarded with a run through the Terrain Park.  The day went by pretty fast.

The conditions aren't horrible as the snowcone-like snow is piled up enough on the runs to keep you from hitting ice most of the way down.  But we could definitely use some snow.


0 comments: