Day 47 - request from DFX

Not sure what information to start with first.  Yesterday, six kids were signed up for snowboard lessons.  The snow base is 122cm.  It was a nice sunny day but the runs were a solid sheet of ice, especially hazardous from mid-station to the Village.  Today's total number of snowboarders was 15.

One of my kids from the summer who rode with me in DFX requested to have me as his Snowboard Instructor today so I was assigned level 3 because that was his level.  I signed in one other girl who was also a level three while Steve had a couple of level 2's and Penny had one level 1.  All of us spent the morning on the Magic Carpet sorting seven kids:  Penny ended up with two level 1's, while I ended up with Jadyn and another level 2, and Steve took the kids who were actually level 3.  It was an easy day at the CLC, the temps were warm and the sun was shining.  By early afternoon the kids were getting bored with trying to learn how to turn down an ice rink so we decided to have a toboggan race … all the kids sliding down on their snowboards like a sled!!  Boy did they love that, including the three Lil Rippers.  That was the highlight of the day.  Around 2pm I took my class down the Olympic run to the Village where it was literally a sheet of ice the entire way down.  Not fun but it definitely killed the remainder of the afternoon.



0 comments: