Day 41 - oh the irony

It was quite busy with over 40 kids signed up for snowboard lessons.  I was assigned to "float" but I knew with so many kids, it would be easy to get a class.  I filled up a second level two class card with five boys and one girl.  After taking a few laps on the Magic Carpet, I put one kid in level three and one kid fell pretty hard on his tailbone and he wanted to quit.  He asked if he could switch to skiing and that's an impossible request once the kid is at the CLC.  I brought him inside to take a rest in the den.

My kids and I spent the remainder of the day practicing turns off the Covered Carpet.  A couple of them were moved up to level three and a couple of them will be spending quite a few more days getting the hang of transferring from one edge to the other.  The kid in the den was dead set on NOT snowboarding any longer so we called his parents after lunch.  He spent the remainder of the day in the den while the Scheduler spent the entire day trying to contact his parents.  They even had to hot list their lift pass.  Finally around 2:30 his parents met up with him at the CLC and staff told them about him not wanting to snowboard.  The irony of the story is that after spending the entire day inside the den and NOT snowboarding at all, his parents ended up making him snowboard down to the Village when they picked him up.  I felt so bad for the boy cause he was crying every time someone asked him to go outside and snowboard.  He wanted no part of it at all.  But mom and dad had other plans I guess.

0 comments: