Day 68 - fast and furious

It was super sunny today but temps were quite colder and winds were whipping.  Peak Chair and Symphony never opened due to high winds.  I was assigned level fours but out of the 15 kids signed up for lessons, no one was a level four.  Luckily a level 6 showed up so I was able to take the level 5 kid, Luca, while Jon C. took the level 6.

I spent the morning following Jon and his kid around.  The two boys were evenly matched riding groomed runs but the difference lied in the Terrain Park.  The level 6 was riding medium jumps and features while Luca is still not clearing small jumps.  It was a long morning following these boys around.  Man, they ride fast.  I checked the GPS for the day and my fastest speed was close to 30mph and I think that's the speed the boys were riding all day long.

After lunch, my kid fell on a jump and wanted to head back to the CLC.  We ended up spending the rest of the day there as I made him a small jump to work on his 180s.  He is all about socializing as well as riding so he was happy to talk to the lower level riders hanging out on the carpets today.  

0 comments: