Day 79 - SNOW!!!!! and rain ….

It snowed!!!  Whistler Blackcomb reported 4cm overnight at Pig Alley but much to everyone's surprise, it was a bit more than that.  And it snowed most of the day making our snow base 169cm.

I was assigned to take a girl from an Adventure Camp class who wasn't too thrilled with her AC Instructor.  I was told she was a level 4 but then I was also told she was a level 3.  Since she was the only one assigned to me, I decided to team up with Maree, who was coaching level 3 and had five kids on her class card.  We made the decision to try and split the class from the top of the mountain instead of splitting them with a run down to the Village because it was raining quite heavily in the Village first thing in the morning.  Egobowl was where I found some nice fresh powder turns.  Forgot what that felt like!  But by the time we reached the top of the gondola, the fresh snow was quite turned up with no other fresh lines to be found.   Most of the kids had a difficult time turning as the snow was also quite sticky.  Maree and I quickly realized we had a couple of level two's on our hands and even one level one!  She took those kids up the Emerald Chair and downloaded back to the CLC while I continued to snowboard with the stronger kids.

After lunch, we got the kids sorted out and in the end I had two low level three boys and we spent the afternoon doing laps down to the Village, where it rained most of the day.  By the time the lesson was over my feet, hands, and legs were soaked.  More precipitation coming for the next couple of days with high freezing levels.  Hopefully the forecast is wrong and it stays a bit cooler than expected.  

0 comments: