Day 83 - lost 18cm in two days

I've been off for a couple days so I'm not sure what the weather has been up to while I was off but I think we had a lot of rain.  The 188cm base from Wednesday is now down to 170cm with more rain in the forecast for the next two days and two nights.  The ski-out is now marked as marginal which means no one in uniform can ride down to the Village …. they must download, which is a pain in the butt.

Only two of my Club kids showed up as it's Spring break for most Whistler schools and I think everyone is on holiday.  We took a couple runs in the morning before lunch.  There was 3cm overnight which was just dust on crust.  Conditions were soft and slushy by mid-morning and it wasn't too busy all day.  My kids were pretty tired for some reason so the afternoon was a lazy one.  I was tired too so I didn't mind.  Plus the conditions were groomers only.  Lord knows I've had enough of groomers to last me until next year.  Fingers crossed the temps come down and this next wave of precipitation brings snow and not rain.


0 comments: