Day 84 - off road

Surprise!  Whistler reported 7cm overnight but there was way more fresh snow than that.  It was pouring rain in the Village first thing in the morning and I wasn't looking forward to spending the day in the rain. Two out of three of my lower level Club boys showed up and after a quick breakfast stop at the CLC,  we reached the Roundhouse around 10am.  It was snowing huge flakes at the CLC  and it was a full on blizzard up top.

The boys had never had a good powder day as it's been a warm, dry winter this season.  I wasn't sure how well they would do and I thought they would get tired quite quickly.  We dropped into the open area between Whiskey Jack and Ego Bowl where we found knee deep powder. Wow!  I was shocked at how much snow was in there and it was decent snow ... in other words, it wasn't cement like I had assumed it would be.  To my surprise, the boys killed it in the powder and they loved it!  We spent the day in the Green/Blue areas of the Emerald Chair.  We hit lots of moguls, turned them into jumps, went through some open trees and found powder up to our knees. It was a really fun day. I wish I had my Go-Pro with me to video how awesome Jessie and Teppei were riding.


0 comments: