Day 84 - #hashtag #sponsorship

9-12cm of fresh snow fell overnight (depending on who you ask).  We had another 48 kids in snowboard lessons and I was assigned to level threes.  I was a bit excited to get up into the higher elevations and see how the conditions were.  I signed in six kids by 9am and we headed to the Roundhouse.

It didn't take long to discover two things:  (1) Four of my kids were level twos and (2) the groomers, which I thought were going to be soft packed, were quite shit (pardon my French).  After a long run down to the CLC, I managed to get two of the four lower level kids turning to a level three level so after lunch I ended up with only four in my group.

The green groomers were quite hard packed with ice cookies everywhere.  And by green groomers, I mean Whiskey Jack and Ego Bowl.  I decided to head over to Marmot Trees where we found much softer snow on the ride out there.  There was also nice snow off piste between Whiskey and Ego.  It started snowing in the afternoon and that helped with conditions as the afternoon went on.  

Snow-Forecast is calling for 12" of new snow overnight while Whistler Blackcomb is saying only about 3" of new will accumulate.  We will be awake super early to find out who was right.

0 comments: