Day 86 - first day of Spring

Spring has sprung and so has the spring-breakers!  We had almost 90 kids in snowboard lessons including Lil Rippers.  No new snow fell overnight and it was partly sunny/partly cloudy through most of the day.  Temps were very cold first thing in the morning then the freezing level went up to 1300m by the afternoon.

I was assigned to float and I was happy to do so.  I was sure I was going to get a level one or level two class when two sisters showed up after 9am.  They were both level three but one was a Lil Ripper and her older sister, who was 8yrs old wanted to be in the same class.  I was happy to take the both of them (and only them as it turned out) -- we spent the day slowly ambling down the green runs.  Conditions of the trails were soft packed on the groomers up high and it turned to slush below mid-station by the end of the afternoon.

0 comments: