Day 14 - Adventure Camp

Adventure Camp is a three day program where the student is in the same group and has the same instructor for three days (Monday - Wednesday). I enjoy teaching Adventure Camp as you build a repore with the kids over the three day period. And, if you start with kids who have never snowboarded, by the end of the three days .... they are usually at a level two or higher.
I started my day with three Level 2's. By the time lunch rolled around, they were making easy turns on the Supercarpet so I took them up the gondola. Conditions were not great, mostly ice, but not completely horrible. The day went by fast and it was a lot of fun to get some real riding in.
The temps have been pretty cold for the past couple of days. Toe warmers and hand warmers have been my best friends. Also, one of my students bought me a hot cocoa at the end of the day. It was sweet!

0 comments: