Day 75 - back in the saddle

During my week off in Montreal, I caught a cold and it blessed me on the day I was suppose to return to work. In addition, I also caught a case of what I thought was pink eye... turns out it was only iritus: an inflamation of the eye with symptoms that present like pink eye. Anyhow, this gave me an additional unscheduled week off and I returned to the rainy, washed out mountain today.

My class was two Level 3 guys who didn't have much to say. The conditions today were as horrible as horrible could be. Rain in the village, rain at mid-station, and rain at the top. The snow is soft and wet, like it gets in April or May. Not to mention the visibility was awful. The rain soaked my jacket, pants, gloves and boots. By mid afternoon, my kids just wanted to hang around the CLC and do the box and the jump.

Since the snow was super soft and my kids were hanging on the Magic Carpet anyhow, I decided to get back to practicing my 180s. Practice makes perfect as I landed ten in a row!! Sweet. That gives me the confidence to try more on the runs. All in all the day was a wet one but it felt great to be back at work and back on the snow.

0 comments: