Day 88 - Snowboard Shredders

Second day of the week with my same group of Adventure Camp boys.  Because I have a full class of eight, once everyone checked in, we were able to go and do our thing without having to pick up any one day lesson stragglers.  So we hit the gondola and took it right to the Roundhouse.

Conditions were packed powder as a few centimeters fell overnight.  It was much better than the ice below mid-station.  I got most of the boys turning down easy green runs but when I tell them they can freeride, they just zigzig very fast.  I have to sit them down and make them turn.

The boys came up with a team name for our group so we are now called the "Snowboard Shredders".  Every time we stopped and I did a quick lesson, when we all stood back up they would all yell "SNOWBOARD SHREDDERS YEA!"  It was very entertaining.  Every kid in this class is stoked to be snowboarding and they are so enthusiastic.  They make for a very fun group of kids. 

0 comments: