Day 90 - cold and snowy

It was a cold and snowy morning.  I was packing toe warmers and hand warmers just to be on the safe/warm side.  My class was a group of Level 4 riders (5 boys and 2 girls).  On the first run, one girl was suffering from bad blisters so she went home early.  At lunch, the Level 3 instructor had 4 kids who were riding really slow and 3 kids who were riding really fast (we call this a split).  I offered to take the three fast kids (two of them were from my Adventure Camp class from earlier in the week).  I knew they could keep up with the new kids I had today.   But by the time lunch was finished, we only had time for one long run.  I took them through the trees and pow by the side of the Roundhouse.  Over to Pony Trail, through some fresh pow and down Jimmy's Joker (a black diamond).  Who knew that going down a black diamond was so exciting for kids.  It was the first thing they told their parents when their parents asked them what they did for the day.  Three of them are returning on Friday and have requested me as their instructor so Friday should be another fun day.  Hopefully it will be a bit warmer though.

2 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

I think it's great that the kids are requesting you as their instructor.

Ronia Nash said...

Well... I AM DA BEST! Just ask my nephew. ; )~