Day 81 - sick and awesome!!

Second day of Adventure Camp and I picked up two more "campers" so my class was 7.  With 63 snowboarders and over 200 skiers registered for Whistler Kids, it makes for a long morning when you are trying to determine which kid fits into which class.  After about an hour an half of shuffling and sorting kids, we were ready to go.  I took my group up the gondola for their warm up run/only run we had time for before lunch.

Yesterday I promised we would go through the terrain park so we did that around noon when it was quiet.  I have a couple of rippers in my class and they were riding up the sides of the runs, hitting drops and jumps all day.  Every time this one kid would go off a jump or go through the trees, he would come out yelling, "That was sick and awesome!!!". (of course with the neck warmer over his mouth, I thought he kept yelling: "that was fricken' awesome!  It took me a few times to understand what he was really saying.)  He is pretty amusing as he's only about 4ft tall so he's cute with being so small.  He launches himself into the air and usually lands whatever he is trying.   Check out the pics of my guys ripping off a kicker off next to the Emerald Chair.

0 comments: