Day 11 - red skies in morning

Straight out of the camera, no photoshop.
As I walked out my front door this morning, I "bumped" into the sun coming up over Blackcomb.  Pretty sweet view that lead to a pretty productive day.  About 15 kids in snowboard school.  I was given a Level 3 class with two boys and a shadow.  (A "shadow" is a first season instructor who basically follows you around all day to get a flavor of how things work.)  We took the boys to the top and quickly learned that our class of level threes were really level 2's just learning to turn.  (How many times have I typed that sentence in the last two years?)  It was kind of disappointing since the kids were in snowboard school yesterday and were signed out as level threes but they were both clearly level 2's.  ANYWAY, (before I bore you with more details) -  by the end of their lesson, both kids worked their way back up the level ladder by learning how to turn all the way down most of the easy green runs so we signed them out as true Level 3's.  My shadow and I felt pretty good about the day.

Conditions again were the same old crap.  Very few runs open, icy, and lots of traffic at the merge sections of trails.  

1 comments:

Blondie said...

Nice shot, Rizzo! The sky looks like it is on FIRE! Awesome!