Day 5 - what month is this?

Warm temperatures and rain over the last couple days has washed away more snow.  As you can see from the pic above, there was dirt and rocks showing through the bunny slope where the kids would practice.  Not to worry as only 4 kids showed up for snowboard school today.  I think we had more instructors than kids.  Most of us got the day off.
I volunteered to head home early and headed up the gondola to see how the trails in the Alpine were holding up.  There was snow up there but it was warm and soft like it was April or May.  The Thanksgiving crowds have gone back home so it didn't feel very crowded.  I wasn't wearing a neck warmer, goggles, or a hat and I was perfectly comfortable.  That was nice.  I took one run down to Emerald Chair and then headed back to the locker room.  I would have rode longer but I was still in uniform (I worked for two hours) and Whistler Blackcomb frowns upon instructors wearing uniforms without a class.  
Whistler Village Dec 1, 2008
Where is the snow??

2 comments:

Blondie said...

Wow! Where IS the snow? Did it go South for the winter?

Ronia Nash said...

Actually I think it's all over the rest of Canada!