Day 17 - not as exciting, but fun just the same

I say "make a funny face" and this is what I get!!

Well today brought less excitement than yesterday.  WB issued a press release regarding the gondola accident citing "ice jacking" as the reason for the pole's "structural failure".  Anyway, as for me, I had another shadow today.  We had a class of 7 level two's .... basically the same kids as yesterday.  We spent the morning practicing our turns on the Magic Carpet and I made the decision to take the kids up to the top of the mountain for the afternoon.

Along with my shadow, one of my other fellow instructors joined us and ten of us ventured down Ego Bowl.  The snow was great actually.  Powdery and fluffy.  There were some patches of ice but nothing like the ice skating rink we've been having.  And it was cold!  Single digits once again.

It took us about an hour and half to get from the Roundhouse to the Emerald Chair.  Even though they had to zig zag most of the way, the kids loved it!!!  They were so excited to be somewhere other than the Magic Carpet.  Most of them had been in snowboarding school since Monday (three days on the Magic Carpet can get wicked boring) so going up top was a big deal......  They wanted to take another run but unfortunately we ran out of time.  Most of them are returning tomorrow and I promised them more Alpine time.  I only wish Marmot trees were open.  Man they would go crazy for Marmot trees ......

3 comments:

Blondie said...

The nuggets are very cute. What the heck are Marmot trees?

Ronia Nash said...

These aren't the nuggets, the nuggets are much smaller. Marmot trees is a green tree run that kids love.

Blondie said...

What is a green tree run?