Day 8 - Ride Tribe

During my morning meeting I was sent over to work Ride Tribe.  I ended up with the same kids I had the other day at Whistler Kids.  We immediately rode the gondola up to the top and headed out for a day of fun.  Temps were about 23 degrees first thing in the morning and the snow guns had been running all night.  The runs weren't too bad with regards to ice and we took three laps down to Emerald Chair.  The best part of working Ride Tribe is that you get a lunch voucher to eat lunch at the Roundhouse vs. eating at the CLC .  The Roundhouse offers different food choices such as:  sandwiches, soups, burgers, fries, poutine, sushi, fish and chips, and stir fry.  I opted for chicken teriyaki stir fry.  Much tastier than the veggie burger special offered today at the CLC.
After lunch we managed to fit in about five more runs.  I ran into my friend Lauren from Whistler Kids who had 2 kids in her class.  We all downloaded together in the gondola.... finishing my work week off by 3pm.  Nine days into the season and eight days into the pursuit of 100.  Not bad.

0 comments: