Day 18 - still so crazy cold ( -11°F )

My trustee jump building crew.
It's been a week of frigid cold temperatures and a week of having a shadow. Today was no different as the thermometer read well below zero and I had another shadow.  We were given a choice between the level 3 class and the level 2 class.  I opted for the two's for a number of reasons.  First:  I had all of them yesterday so I knew what their ability was.  Second: it was cold enough at the CLC (a third of the way to the top), I wasn't about to subject myself to the temperatures another 2,000ft up!!!  

We took as many breaks as possible to keep warm.  We spent an hour at the Super Carpet working on our turns.  We took one lap down the ice under the Olympic Chair.  Lastly, my fellow instructor, Lauren (who is on light duty because of an injury) built us a jump at the Magic Carpet so we spent about an hour "getting some air".  Of course, we took our breaks in between all that.

This will be my last day on the snow for at least ten days.  I'm traveling back home for the holidays but will return after Christmas.  Happy Holidays to everyone following my blog and pray for snow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often think of you from inside my toasty warm office ;-) I need toe warmers and I only venture outside to the mailbox and back. Have a very merry Christmas, safe travels and see you in January!

Susan

Blondie said...

Happy Trails to you!

And to think that just today I was telling someone at work about how you swore you would NEVER EVER move anywhere North of MA and there you are in Vancouver in single-digit temperatures. Hah! I bet you dream of white sand and crystal clear warm water!

Martini Cartwheels said...

Have a safe trip Rizzo. Hoping we get to see you and Sweetie when you are in the area!