Day 19 - I'm back!!

Let's look at what has changed in the ten days that I've been gone. When I left, I believe the snow base was 50cm. Today the snow base is 111cm!!! (woo hoo). When I left, there was a full mountain download. Today:  full mountain ski out!!! (woo hoo).

Since it's a busy holiday week, Snowboard School is running a 5 day Adventure Camp program.  I elected to work AC because you get the same kids for the entire week - and if you get a group of great kids who can shred the gnar like there's no tomorrow then it's really a lot of fun. Unfortunately, only 9 snowboarders signed up for Adventure Camp.  I was lucky enough to take the only Level 4 kid, who coincidently I had last year in AC.  Since I didn't have a full class (8 students) I had to stop by the CLC and pick up more Level 4's who were only taking a lesson for today.  Anyway, I ended up with three kids who could tear it up!

About 6inches of snow fell overnight and it puked all day.  (there was about 5inches of snow on my truck at the end of the day)  The conditions were amazing!! (it's about time!)  No more ice and lots of fluffy white fresh snow everywhere!  We spent the day looking for jumps and fresh powder.  You'd be amazed how much untouched snow you can find on crowded green runs just by riding the sides and through a few trees.  Believe it or not, the most amazing run was Olympic off to the left.  There had to be a over a foot of fresh pow sitting on the sides the entire way down the run.  I just surfed it .... it was amazing.  Finally!! 
Cute little puppy dog with little booties

1 comments:

Blondie said...

I love the little doggie. (I haven't even read your blog yet but I had to comment on the pic right away!)