Day 71 - a lone snowboarder

The economy is taking it's toll on Whistler Blackcomb.  There was one snowboarder signed up for classes today.    The same snowboarder is the only kid signed up for classes tomorrow.  I don't think there has ever been a time when only one kid was signed up for snowboard school in the village.  Lucky for me I was able to take the class and I will able to take the class tomorrow too.

Temperatures were F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G!  The sun was out so that helped!!   But who-doggy! it was cold in the Alpine and windy.  Above Emerald, snow conditions were soft packed.  Powder was around but you had to be careful.  Where the winds blew up, the snow was hard and crusty.... then you'd get back into nice soft packed snow.   Runs got a little icy after that, especially close to the village. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That kid is sooooooooo cute! What a great pic!

Martini Cartwheels said...

He's a cutie. How fast did he fly down the mountain in that bin?