Day 84 - twenty thousand plus

Rumor has it there was untouched pow waist deep in the Alpine. Yesterday's high winds kept Peak, Harmony, and Symphony closed. I imagine the Fresh Tracks line was past the kiosk. When I arrived to work at 8am, the day lot was almost full!  I could only imagine the queue at the Peak chair before it was cleared for avalanche.

It was about 10am by the time my students and I reached the Roundhouse.  Fresh snow gets chopped up pretty quick when twenty thousand plus people are skiing and riding on it (that was the visitor forecast for today).  There looked to be plenty of fresh lines still left off the Peak but they were going quickly.

Nevertheless, I had a good day with two level threes.  We found some green run powder and hit some tree lines.  The best part was that we didn't have to stand in line at the lifts!!!  

1 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Looks like business is good. Hope you are having a great weekend!