Day 80 - powderboard cluster

Whistler has received 30inches of snow in the past 7 days!! Our base is finally back to average height for this time of year.  I woke to find my truck covered (pictured above).  It didn't dawn on me to sign up for AM session.  Oh well.  The only thing I prayed for was to NOT get a level one class so I could enjoy a bit of the 6 inches we got overnight.  Sure enough I was given the task of signing in Level ones.   CRAP!

Two hours later my Supervisor asked if I wanted to work or go home.  Hmmm...... Level One's on the Magic Carpet all day or shred the gnarly pow???  Needless to say, I was shredding three minutes later.

I have three different snowboards and all of them had technical difficulty today.  I can't use the EST bindings on my new Burton board, so I had to "steal" the bindings off my Prior pow board.  That left my powder board with no bindings.  No problem when there wasn't any snow.  But now, we got snow!  I decided to grab the bindings off my "old" board -- unfortunately, one of the screws is stripped and I couldn't get the bindings off.  I wanted to use my powder board so bad but I had no bindings.  So I ran to Showcase to buy the least expensive pair of bindings they had.  Like an idiot, I let the guy who worked there mount the new bindings instead of mounting them myself.  I was in a hurry and didn't really check the stance he gave me.  When I started riding, the stance was too close together and I couldn't get a good balance on the board.   I headed over to the tool board and tried to adjust -- no such luck.  One screw was in so tight, I practically stripped it trying to get it out.  I said screw it!  I flew back down to the village and got my Burton.  Wasted over an hour!!

Finally back in the gondola and headed over to Symphony. I didn't have the pow board but my Burton held up well. So much snow out there! The snow was sooo soft. I got stuck so many times on the flats in Symphony. Closed the lift at 2:30pm then headed to the Saddle and down to the village. My legs were spent! Great great day. If anyone is considering coming up to enjoy the snow we're receiving, stay home! It's crap! The snow is horrible! Stay away! ; )

0 comments: