Day 59 | Von Boyage

Happy Valentines Day!  I was scheduled back in Destination for today and it felt like I haven't worked there in ages.  It's tough to get back to Whistler Kids in the middle of the week because we have a three day Adventure Camp program and most kids in class on Tuesdays and Wednesdays are already assigned to an Instructor.  Luckily for me there was one level five kid who wasn't in AC and I was able to grab him.

Once again, no snow!, and the sun was shining at full power!  Deep dark blue skies are amazing in this part of the world but we need snow.  Most everything off piste is now just ice.  Even groomers beneath Emerald Chair are ice rinks.  It kind of sucks .... but having the sun helps. 

I wasn't sure what to do with the level five kid since he wasn't a big park rat.  We ran down Raven then over to Harmony where we dropped off the Ridge and into the gun barrels.  Mistake!  Pretty hard and crunchy in there.  After lunch we dropped the park for a couple of runs then we rode the Peak Chair and down Highway 86.  I managed to keep us moving enough to make the day go by sort of fast.  It was really a waste of a level five kid to be honest.  I sure wish it would snow .....    

0 comments: