Day 61 | Jaden saves Jaden

25cm FINALLY fell overnight!!!  Thank god for snow!  ... and it was light and fluffy.  Just what we needed to cover up the ice that had accumulated on all the runs over the last two weeks.  I was thankful I had my Club Kids as I knew I could shred some powder without having to take the chance of getting a level one or a Lil Ripper class.

My plan was to run Peak to Creek as soon as Peak Chair opened.  It was the run of the day and on a powder day, it's the best lap you can take.  Our lunch was scheduled for 11am - and unfortunately, that's about the time the Chair opened.  Even worse, once we got to the CLC for lunch, I was told it was rescheduled to 11:45am!  The kids didn't want to take another run so we stayed at the CLC for an hour and a half.  So much for Peak to Creek.

After lunch we stayed in the Emerald Chair area and although we weren't allowed to go through the trees, we found plenty of fresh and amazing powder through the terrain park and in the Green Acres area.  It was a warm day (not above freezing) but not too far from it.  I ran the kids pretty hard through the powder and by the end of the afternoon, we were all pretty tired.

Hopefully this is the beginning of much more snow to come --  So far, this season hasn't been anything amazing.

0 comments: