Day 60 | all jib - no jump

Drove down to Seattle for a few days to visit some friends. While we were here, we thought we'd give Crystal Mountain a a rip. It was me, SiAire, and Izayah. We rocked up around 10:30am and got Izayah set up with some rental boots and a helmet. Lift ticket prices for kids up to ten years of age were $5! That's not a typo, that's five dollars! Naturally 11 year old Izayah was 10 today. : )

The sun was shining for a bit in the morning but the clouds quickly came in covering the Alpine and it snowed most of the day. The snow was soft packed and really nice. It was a groomer day for sure. Izayah is a low level three so we didn't venture too far off the greens and blues.

We broke for lunch around noon. SiAire rocked over to the gondola but visibility up there was really horrible so I stayed where I could see. Izayah doesn't ride too often so he was pretty tired after four hours. We threw in the towel around 4:30. I would love to come back when the sun is shining and the snow is powder. Not sure if that will ever happen though. I'm starting to think my luck at ski resorts in Washington is nothing but bad.

0 comments: