Day 73 - I'm not a pizza


Ahhhh Sunday.... my favorite work day!  I wish it would snow in Whistler.  Conditions were hard packed and it was crowded.  Amalia was excited because her dad was going to join us for the afternoon, but first I had to convince her to snowboard in the morning.

We ran from the Roundhouse to the CLC as a warm up to start the day.  Her best buddy, Oak, was strapping in and getting ready to ride to the Village when we got to the CLC so we continued down to the Village.  The runs were a solid sheet of ice.  That didn't intimidate Amalia.  She did what she does best, rode her snowboard.

After lunch we headed to Marmot Trees.  I overheard an Instructor saying yesterday that the trees were really good and I know Amalia likes doing runs like that.  It was probably the most fun thing we could do on a day like today as the snow in Marmot was super soft.  We met up with her dad at mid-station after the tree run and then we took him through the trees as well.  He had never been in there and I think it's a great place for kids so I'm sure he will be taking his girls through there from now on.

We ended the day at the CLC on the jump that Morgan made.  Amalia's dad coached her over the jumps and pushed her back up the bunny hill afterwards.  At one point, he made a smaller jump at the end of the features we already had going.  

I never realized how much he pushed his girls to ride.  Not in a bad way but just making sure they are turning correctly and that they don't stay still (sitting on the snow) for too long.  It was nice to see as now I know how much I can push her when it's just the two of us.  I've been pretty easy going compared to her dad.

0 comments: