Day 76 - curse of the fallen

It's finally my Friday!  I had no idea what I was going to get for a class.  I was hoping to not get a class at all however it's still pretty busy so I was assigned level two's.  I started with six kids.  Five of the six were strong level twos who had already practiced turning yesterday.  One kid was still side slipping so I gave him to a level one Instructor.

We spent a bit of time on the Super Carpet working on turns.  The kids were having an easy time so I figured I would take them to the Village after lunch.  On the last lap down the practice area, one girl hurt her wrist.  We iced it during lunch but she ended up going home.  That left me with four kids.

Conditions were a bit icy and hard packed from mid-station down to the Village.  The kids were all turning just needed more confidence as they were pretty shaky.  One girl fell on her tailbone bad so she spent a bit of time with Joshy as I took the others back down to the Village for a second run.

By 2pm, all the kids were exhausted so we spent the remainder of our time at the CLC.  It was the usual, a line of kids going over a jump for the last hour of lessons.  All four of my kids were signed out pretty quickly and I'm looking forward to my weekend.  Snow is forecasted for Thursday night.  We may even get about 20cm.  Fingers crossed.

0 comments: