Day 78 - boot tree

It was the perfect storm in Whistler today.  25cm of fresh snow after weeks of no snow, combined with an American holiday week, add the weekend and you had lift lines that were insanely long.  Luckily for me, I was working so I could quickly and easily cut the queues.

I was happy my Saturday Club kids finally had a powder day we could rip around in.  I put my trainee in charge of the class for the day.  He did a great job of finding terrain for the kids especially considering we weren't allowed to do trees.  We spent the morning on Whistler and in the afternoon we went to Blackcomb.

The fresh snow and pow was tracked out pretty quickly.  We found small stashes here and there but nothing epic.  Conditions were soft packed which was nice for a change.  Our snow base is over 200cm at 206cm with another 5-10cm coming tomorrow.

0 comments: