Day 77 - Powder-Mania @ Baker

It snowed most of yesterday down to the Village.  Whistler forecast was expecting about 20cm overnight.  Irish and I made the decision earlier in the week to go to Baker as they were forecasting over a foot of snow by Friday afternoon.  Seems like we made the right decision as only 3cm of snow fell overnight on Whistler.  (Another 15cm fell throughout the day on Whistler but nothing opened in the Alpine.)  On Mt. Baker, over 7 inches fell for the morning and we had fresh tracks all day as it snowed another six inches during the day.

We hopped on the chair at 9am and by noon we had run about five or six different laps.  The snow was light and deep in some spots.  Some trails were a bit icy underneath but the snow on top was still nice.  The trees were the best though and most of our runs were through trees.

I wasn't running on all cylinders today as my legs were super sore from a gym class on Wednesday, add to that my tailbone was hurting from my fall a month ago.  I took it easy but I was disappointed in myself as Baker has a lot of natural side hits and rock drops that are super fun on a soft powder day.  Unfortunately I didn't hit anything but I still had fun.  The snow was great and it felt good just to get out and enjoy a powder day.  It's been a bit of a dry season for Whistler so far.  Hoping to shred a bit of pow tomorrow with my Club Kids.





0 comments: