Day 74 - leftovers

Presidents' Week has started and Whistler Kids is offering Adventure Camp for snowboarders.  I wasn't asked if I wanted to work in Adventure Camp so I'm working in Destination for the next three days.  Basically that means I will be taking any "leftover" kids who don't fit into any AC classes.  Not a big deal for me as there isn't much to be envious about regarding snow conditions.  I'm quite happy spending the rest of my work week on the Magic Carpet.

I was assigned to level 5's but since there was an AC class of the same level, I knew I wasn't going to be getting a class as there are never that many high level riders in lessons.  I offered my services to the level one Instructors and was planning on splitting eight of them with Daniela.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I ended up with two leftover "muppets".  One girl who spent the entire day trying to learn how to heel edge but wasn't quite getting it.  The second was a boy who was a bit on the "big" side.  And by big, I mean he physically can't reach his feet to buckle his bindings.  He's the equivalent of teaching a Lil Ripper as I had to put his feet into his bindings all day.  They are both suppose to return tomorrow.  : )
(note my sarcastic smile)

0 comments: