Day 32 - put me down peacefully

Skier visits have not slowed down at Whistler at all.  We had close to 600 kids in Whistler Kids (300 in AC, 200 in Destination, and 80 in snowboard).  We are also in the middle of another Arctic front, luckily the winds were light.  No new snow overnight and our base is at 189cm.  High temps in the Alpine today were -14°C.

I was assigned to "captain" level 2, which meant I signed in six kids to a card and then handed a card to an Instructor and they took their class up the gondola.  We had four Instructors working level two today and we all got a class.  I was the last one to sign in the kids who were late and I signed in three kids.  By the time we got to the gondola queue, the line was almost to the car park by the Springs building.  We waited in line for 45 minutes before finally embarking on the gondola.  That meant I got to the CLC around 10am.  Needless to say it felt like a short morning.

After lunch I decided to take my kids down to the Village, so I picked up three more kids from other classes who were also ready to hit the green slopes.  My kids weren't actually ready but I was tired of the Olympic zone and I knew they could get to the Village even if they side slipped.  Once up the gondola, we went for a run on the Olympic Chair and that was the end of the day.

0 comments: