Day 46 - google translate

It's nice that things are slowing down in Village Destination.  Just over 120 kids in Adventure Camp, another 100 kids in daily skiing, and only 28 kids in snowboarding.  It was a beautiful sunny day with very little new snow to report.  Snow base is currently at 238cm.

I was assigned to level ones and I filled up a class card of six before 8:30am -- four boys from Australia, and two boys from France who didn't speak English.  Naturally we spent the day on the two carpets learning how to edge.  I used google translator to help communicate with the French kids.  The other boys used it as well (at lunch) so they could talk to each other.  I thought that was really nice.  I made the kids a jump at the end of the day and they all ended the lesson with huge smiles on their faces.  One kid even said, "That was fun.  Thanks for taking us!" --

0 comments: