Day 35 - HIKA

Walked out the door this morning and there was about 4 inches of snow on the ground in Squamish.  I was happily surprised.  I haven't been riding up top all week and I knew conditions had been hard packed.  Whistler only reported 1cm of new snow overnight so I wasn't expecting much in changing conditions.

We had another 60 kids in snowboard lessons and I was assigned to level fours.  Not a bad level to take on your Friday especially when the Arctic freeze and left the area for a few days.  We started the day with a quick warm up from the Roundhouse down to the CLC.  After that we did a lap through Marmot Trees.  It snowed lightly most of the day.  That, combined with snow guns blowing most of the day, was enough to change the hard packed conditions to mostly soft packed.  After lunch we ran Dave Murray to Creekside, and again, it wasn't icy at all. 

0 comments: