Day 50 - Bulletproof

Had a wonderful three day rest/days off from a snowboard and Whistler mountain.  We haven't had any new snow in over a week and no snow is in the forecast.  We are in desperate need of some snow.  Trails are getting hard packed and there is nothing fun to play on off piste.

We had 23 kids signed up for snowboard lessons and I was assigned to level 3's.  I was the first coach to sign in a class of six and headed up the gondola before 9am.  We headed straight to the Roundhouse and I quickly discovered I had a huge speed split.  We made our way down to beginner area at mid-station to sort out the split with a couple of other Instructors.  After lunch we sorted the splits and I ended up with three kids and we spent the afternoon riding the Family Zone.  Trails up top weren't too bad.  I would describe them as medium packed.  We made two runs down to the Village and that trail was bulletproof!!!!  I won't be riding down again until we get some significant snow or temperatures really warm up.  Unfortunately, never one of those things are coming any time soon.

0 comments: