Day 36 - powder to the peaceful

I called out sick yesterday.  It was a powder day with 18cm overnight.  Last night we had a trace of new snow bringing the snow base to 189cm.  We have yet to receive any heavy/wet snow.  Everything so far has been light and fluffy.

Snow School is still busy with 45 kids in snowboard lessons.  I was assigned to level two's.  Tweedlie and I signed in seven and spent the morning on the covered carpet sorting them out.  It was another unseasonably cold day, which is starting to feel like the norm these days (four days of regular temps followed by a week of Arctic temps).  After lunch we gave one kid away and I spent the afternoon with the remaining six kids on the super carpet.  They all got their turns dialed in on a gentle slope and I made them a nice jump to finish off their cold sunny day.

0 comments: