Day 43 - SICK DAY

It's been a wet week and yesterday I didn't get a chance to ride higher than the CLC, I heard conditions were nothing to write home about due to the higher temperatures.  Another 23cm fell last night bringing our snow base to 240cm.  I was assigned to level 3s and I jumped on the chance to take a group of six kids that I taught at the beginning of the week.  I knew they were going to be fun to ride with and I knew they would be able to handle whatever snow we found up top.

Our first run was my guaranteed powder run between Whiskey Jack and Ego Bowl.  It looked like there was a lot of snow in there but I had no idea exactly how much snow was in there until I dropped in.  I literally surfed through snow up to my knees!  Super soft snow and way more than just 23cm!!  All the kids (except one) got stuck and had to walk out.  The rest of the afternoon was just that, heading to the "easier" powder spots while staying away from trees.  The kids all had a blast.  I had a blast.  It was a SICK DAY!

0 comments: