Day 49 - Guess who's back, back again?

After an exhausting weekend of doing things I don't even want to talk about, I finally got back out on the mountain.  And there was no one better to shred it with then my good friend, from New Zealand, Simon Ross.  I met Simon about three years ago when we both worked in Retail Support on Base 2.  In fact, it was Simon's idea to do a 100 day season and we both hit our goal in the 2006/2007 season.  When I found out he was a Boston Red Sox fan, we instantly became friends.  Not many Kiwis are Red Sox fans.  Simon has taken a two week holiday from his real job back in New Zealand to come out to BC and shred some pow.  Unfortunately, there isn't much pow for Simon to ski but he's having a good time non-the-less.

We spent the morning on Blackcomb.  Conditions on the groomers were good.  The trace amount of snow we received overnight did a good job of covering up the icy conditions from the day before (so I was told).  After lunch the story had changed.  Most of the groomed runs had become mostly ice so we took the Peak to Peak over to Whistler.  We only took a couple runs on Whistler before calling it a day.  

0 comments: