Day 51 - a Kiwi, a waffle, and Splitz!

Another day off from work and another day of freeriding with the Kiwi.  Shortly after 10am, we were unloading the Excelerator Chair and heading up Glacier Express.  I told Simon I wanted to hit more of the Alpine today.  I figured it was a good opportunity to explore more of the terrain with someone who is familiar with runs up there.   

We had made plans to try the waffles at Crystal Hut so we bee-lined it to breakfast.  After we filled our stomachs with fruit and sugar, and not liking the conditions on Blackcomb too much, we made our way to the Peak to Peak Gondola to check out the Whistler Alpine.  The Peak was fogged in a bit so we hit a couple tree runs before heading to Peak to Creek.  The four mile run was not groomed and it was a LONG four miles on a snowboard.  Most of it was mogul'd out so you can imagine how tired my legs were after that run.  We took a nice hot chocolate break at Dusty's before heading up to Whistler Bowl.

Simon was telling me about this shady entrance to the bowl that he took yesterday.  He basically described how he had to drop a cliff about 5ft in order to enter.  We traversed our way over to this so-called shady entrance and as Simon stood over the cliff deciding if he should take the drop or not, I looked down and thought: "there is no way in hell I can do that standing up...... but I think I can get into it on my ass" -- which is what I did!

Thanks for the company Simon.  I'll get my ass to drop that cliff standing up before the season ends (maybe!).  Have a safe trip home.  GO SOX!!!!
Finished off the day at Splitz with Simon, Linda, and Kristina

0 comments: