Day 45 - Snow-news is good news!

I cleared nearly a foot of new snow off my truck this morning and I couldn't wait to get to work!  Even though I had my low-level WESP class, I knew they had the ability to go straight to the powder and I couldn't wait!  Normally we leave the Creek at 9am sharp, but because of the snow and road conditions, we weren't able to get up the gondola until after 9:30am.  A few cars skidded out on the Sea to Sky which lead to alternating traffic, which meant, most of my kids coming from Squamish were running very late.

What we decided to do was have a few instructors wait for the late comers at the base and then have some instructors combine the same level classes and head up the hill.  Two kids from my class showed up, so I took them and four of Duncan's kids and I headed up the gondola.  We all strapped in and headed for the crazy powder on Expressway.  

This is the fourth week of WESP and none of these kids had ever been in powder before.  They had no idea what was in store for them.  They found out pretty quickly how amazing powder can be and they were all stoked for the great conditions!!!!

Once we got back down to Creek for lunch, three more of my kids showed up so Duncan and I switched back up to our regular kids and my class took another lap from Creek to Roundhouse back to Creek.  After lunch, most of the powder had been tracked out but the snow was still good as it wasn't ice.

I soaked up as much as I could today.  Freezing levels and headed back up over 2,000metres for the next four days, with sun at the beginning of the week and possible rain for the end of the week.  So far it's been a very disappointing season.......  but it's a season none the less.  So no complaining.

0 comments: