Day 55 - let President's Week begin

Not only is it the start of President's Week (traditionally a very busy week at Whistler) but it's also one year to the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics.  Whistler and Vancouver had been getting world wide recognition and there are many festivities planned in the coming week for the celebration.  

When I arrived at the village at 10am, the line for the gondola was completely wrapped through the fences and stretched half way to the guest relations hut.  Needless to say I wasn't too thrilled with the crowds.  Let me rephrase, I like the crowds in the village and all the hoopla, I just hate standing in lift lines.  

I uploaded on the Fitz chair and quickly got up on Garbonzo.  The sun was shining, it's still kind of cold in the Alpine, especially once you get moving.  The groomers were nice but everything that wasn't groomed is getting kind of hard and crunchy.  I managed to find a fresh patch of powder cutting between Ptarmigan and Olympic Chair but even the "secret jump" was kind of sketchy.  I was going to head back up at mid-station but the line was out the door.  Forget that!  I finished my run to the village and headed home to blog about my boring day.

1 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

I want to go to the Olympics with you and Blondie!