Day 67 - Flute

Start of the hike....
Today I was on a mission: hike the Flute.  I wanted to do it last season and never did.  Today seemed like the perfect opportunity and I took it.  I was on Fitzsimmons chair by 9am and at the start of the hiking road by 10:30am.  To reach Flute Bowl, skiers and boarders must hike a mile on a track out to Flute Ridge.  The jaunt was easier than I thought with an elevation gain of maybe 400ft.  It only took me about a half hour (I think I stood in line longer at Harmony Chair) but it was a great work out!!  

Once I reached the summit, I saw the most amazing views of the magnificent mountains of the Garibaldi Provincial Park.  It wasn't a perfect blue bird day but the views were stunning just the same. (see video)
I had no idea where I was going but after taking a gander from Symphony Chair, the freshest tracks looked to be the furtherest away from the Flute Bowl itself.  I headed that way and found myself in waist deep pow!  I didn't bring my powder board but I wish I had.  The run was awesome just the same.

I ended up in a nice gladed run that took me back to Symphony Chair.  I was sweaty and exhausted.  If I had the pow board, I might have gone for another run but I was pressed for time.  
 Black Tusk from Flute
Flute Bowl view from Harmony Ridge

0 comments: