Day 64 - Amazing P*O*W!

I awoke to what looked like a blizzard outside my window. While cleaning about a foot of snow off my vehicle, I prayed for a high level class so I could enjoy the magnificent powder that fell overnight.   In the last seven days, we've received 30inches of snow!  But what's even better?  The crowds have all left so most of this amazing stuff stays untracked for a longer period of time.

10 kids showed up to snowboard school today.  Quite a good number considering most of WB forecasts are so bad these days that 180 instructors were laid off last week.  Even the full time instructors who normally work a 5 day week have been cut down to 3 or 4 day weeks.  I obviously didn't get laid off but I did get my hours cut.

Anyway, lucky for me I ended up with the Level 5 class!!!  OH MY GOD the snow was amazing today!  And there was so much of it.  I swear there was 2ft in Marmot Trees.  Nothing was groomed... including cat tracks, which made it hell for snowboarders because boards don't go very far in soft packed powder snow on the flats.  

By late afternoon, there was still a ton of fresh powder to be found.  Not to mention it snowed it's ass off all day and into most of the evening.  My Level 5's are coming back tomorrow so I'm looking forward to finding all the stuff we missed today!!!! 

0 comments: