Day 61 | four cool threes

Snowboard School was pretty hopping today with fourteen riders signed up for lessons.  Not bad for the weekend before the Olympics .....
Aimee and I took the seven level two kids to the Super Carpet.  We wanted to see if we could get them turning and then split them up into two classes.  It worked like a charm as four of them learned to turn immediately, while three of them still needed practice.  I took the four higher kids and Aimee kept the lower ones.

Before lunch we took a run down to the Valley on the concrete corduroy.  Instead of doing that again, my team decided to build a jump at the CLC to practice getting some air.  We spent about a half hour building our ramp and then polished our aerial skills.  I am getting pretty good at my jump building.  This season I have no one to build my jumps for me, so I have been building them on my own.  I have to say, I've gotten pretty good at it (pat myself on the back) and my ramps have been superb!

After lunch I told the kids we would head up to the Alpine where the snow was soft packed and the sun was shining.  Boy it was a beautiful day to be working.  No one on the runs and amazing views in all directions.  My kids were all pretty stoked on learning to turn and they were all cranked to be snowboarding.  That made for a fun day.  We saved enough time to hit our jump at the CLC a few more times before it was time to head down to the Valley for sign outs.    



2 comments:

Martini Cartwheels said...

Fun pictures Ronia. I love the goggle reflection pic. It must be getting pretty exciting - the countdown is on to the Games!

Ronia Nash said...

Things are vamping up. It's really cool. A lot of the athletes are on the mountain just skiing for fun or practicing. It's cool.

oh and goggle reflection pics are always fun!